BUILDING THE CIRCULAR FUTURE TOGETHER?
We offer you the tools in our speed course Circular Building!
The circular economy is accelerating! Would you like to know more about what the circular economy means for the construction process? The speed course Circular Building takes you through the latest developments, inspiring examples and practical tools at a fast pace.
The circular economy is an increasing topic of discussion. In this new economy, we are consciously dealing with unprocessed matter & materials and closing cycles. In addition to a major consumer of (mainly new) materials, the construction sector is also responsible for 40% of the total waste in the Netherlands. Furthermore, the circular economy entails new roles and responsibilities. Whereas in the linear economy a product is bought (or sold), used and disposed of, clients and contractors now strive to keep the products in the cycle for as long as possible.
The circular toolbox
Want to be updated in half a day? That is possible with this speed course, which consists of four parts.
- The basics: first of all, we take you into the basics of the circular economy. We will also show you different angles such as new design principles, discuss how waste can be reused and give you several examples of sub platforms and products as a service.
- The building process: after the introduction of the circular economy, we immerse ourselves in the building process. The current linear building process with associated values and roles of the various parties involved in the total lifespan of a building will be discussed. What new market demands will arise and what do they mean for your role in the chain? You will discover this with this speed course.
- Circular building: then we discuss the circular building process using the 3 axes: circular development, circular use and circular reallocation. We give you practical tools to make the thought process regarding acting circular concrete. Various circular models, such as the Value Hill, model of Steward Brand, 10R ladder, circular design principles and the top 6 of our Dr. SLIM will be discussed.
AFTER THIS SPEED COURSE, YOU KNOW:
- Why we want to transition to a circular economy;
- What a circular economy means for the building process;
- What the difference is between linear building and circular building;
- Where there are opportunities for your organization to start with circularity;
- Which circular applications, tools and handles are already available and where you can find them.